Walt Disney World – The Happiest Place on Earth….. Isn’t it?
It can be! It can also be overwhelming with 4 parks, 2 water parks, 22 resorts, 4 golf courses, 2 miniature golf courses, sports complexes, shopping areas, over 100 restaurants, and endless activities. Here are some of my top tips from years of experience that will help you plan a magical vacation!
1. Use a FREE Authorized Disney Travel Planner – ALL Tiggerific Travels agents have completed the College of Disney Knowledge. Working with an agent you will have an expert at helping you customize a vacation to meet your families needs and budget. The agent can suggest itineraries, make meal reservations, and keep up with special promotions that can save you money.
2. Know When to Go – Choosing when to visit can have the biggest impact on your trip. Walt Disney World can be a crowded place, and the time of year you visit can have a dramatic impact on crowds. Typically September to mid-November and January to mid-February are the least crowded months. Early December is another great time to visit. The weather is great and the holiday festivities are magical! When schools are on breaks WDW is more crowded and expensive! And of your course, your agent can assist you in choosing the best time to visit, too!
3. Stay at a Disney World Resort – Immerse yourself in the magic. WDW has a resort for every budget and the accommodations are part of the experience. Guests enjoy complimentary transportation from the airport, free parking at all resorts and parks, free transportation to all resorts and parks, use of extra magic hours, and the option of using the Disney Dining Plan.
4. Include the Disney Dining Plan– Use of the dining plan essentially turns your trip into an all inclusive vacation. The dining plan is a convenient way to eat around the World. Ask your agent about the different options and all of the benefits of adding the Disney Dining Plan on to your package.
5. Make Dining Reservations in Advance– Reservations can be made 180 days in advance and many locations book up fast! You don’t want to be wandering around looking for a place to eat. Not sure where to eat? Ask your agent for their recommendations.
6. Plan a Day to Relax – Disney World can be exhausting. Plan an off day in the middle of your vacation, your family will have a chance to relax and recharge. Sleep in and spend the day at your resort pool or explore Downtown Disney.
7. Be Realistic – You cannot see it all, don’t be miserable trying! Remember you are on vacation. Be flexible and take it all in stride! If you miss something, use it as an excuse to plan another magical trip!
8. Don’t Break the Bank Purchasing Souvenirs – Set a limit for the kids before you go. Purchase a gift card for each child and encourage them to choose what they spend their money on wisely!
9. Arrive Early – The best way to experience the parks without waiting in lines and maneuvering through crowds is to arrive early. The lines will grow long a couple of hours later and you will have already hit all of your “must dos”.
10. Don’t Spend your Vacation Waiting in Line – Arrive at the parks early and utilize the fast pass system to eliminate waits. Decide before you arrive which attractions are “must dos” and hit those first. If you have small children use parent swap. The first riders must wait in line. When they are finished, the parent who had to wait with the child goes through the fast pass line. Your agent can help you understand the new FastPass+ system so that you can use it to add magic to your vacation.
Ready to plan your most magical trip to the Happiest Place on Earth? Contact your Tiggerific Travels Agent today!